As the year comes to a close, we celebrate Gita-Jayanti day on December 14th. The day of the Gita Jayanti is about celebrating Lord Krishna and his message in the Bhagavad-Gita. It is not just a holy day but also evidence of the continued impact of the text of the Gita for thousands of years. The philosophical thoughts in the Gita continue to help flourish our lives with wisdom, love, peace, and Happiness.
So here is wishing all of you the same in your year ahead in 2022 on this occasion!
Let me also take this opportunity to thank all the well-wishers and supporters for helping us with this happiness project. Thanks are for the following in random order:
- Thank you to our editors, Mrs. Madhuri Santhanam Sondhi (a Philosopher) and Mr. Amol Ghatpande (a Lawyer), for reviewing every article!
- Thank you to Mrs. Shubhangi Kulkarni for her help editing the Hindi translations!
- Thank you to Mr. Chinmay Dharwadkar for the website management!
- Thank you to Shri Manoj Govindraj for supporting the Kabiriyat project through his devotional singing and publishing it on his YouTube channel!
All these supporters do this work out of a sense of giving back to the community without seeking any compensation. I am forever grateful to them.
- Thanks to 2000+ viewers for watching 151+ hours of our videos on the Bhagavad-Gita, Saint Kabir, and Stoic philosophy.
- Thank you to 1300+ viewers of the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB6zP5z0Vqw&t=76s
- Thank you to 4800+ researchers for reading my research papers on Researchgate.com, a scholarly website.
- Thank you to 4300+ strong readers for 8000+ views of the blog.
- Thanks to 1500+ viewers on average of each of my videos on the Gurudev Ranade Facebook Group. The talks were about the Bhagavad-Gita and the philosophy of the Nimbargi Sampradaya.
Thanks to the viewers and readers, this project continues to be worth pursuing.
I am also very honored and humbled by the institutional support of the following Institutes. Their support provides validation to my work.
- Thanks to the Oxford Centre for Hindu Studies for allowing me to be a member of their esteemed organization. They have been doing fantastic work on promoting Indian Philosophy and culture in Oxford, UK, since 1997. I am very honored and humbled to be a part of this prestigious Institute and very grateful for the opportunity to talk to various scholars there.
- Thanks to the Academy of Comparative Philosophy and Religion, Belgavi, India, for inviting me to be an Academic Council Member. This Institute works on spreading the spiritual philosophy of Professor and Gurudev R. D. Ranade. President and philosopher Dr. S. Radhakrishnan had inaugurated the ACPR building at Belgavi in 1965.
- Thanks to the International Conference on Philosophical Counseling organized by the Indian Council of Philosophical Research in New Delhi and inviting me as a plenary speaker. The meeting will take place online from January 14th to 16th.
Here is wishing all of you a safe, happy, and peaceful 2022 even during the pandemic!